Thursday, March 1, 2007

Phishing comment

Yesterday in class we were discussing phishing and how it can affect businesses online. I pay most of my bills online, one of them being my credit card. With online fraudulent activities on the rise, my credit card company has increasingly been adding features to protect their customers' privacy. I was asked to choose 4 different random questions to answer initially. Now, each time I make a payment or changes to my account, I am prompted to answer one question. I think that this can get annoying but is extremely important to protect online customers from identity theft.

2 comments:

Matt Corritori said...

Phishing is defined as the act of tricking someone into giving them confidential information or tricking them into doing something that they normally wouldn’t do or shouldn’t do.

Also, last year me and my roommates got an email from Chase bank that said there was a problem with our accounts and they needed some private information about us. We called Chase and asked about it and they said it was bogus and they would investigate.

Jessica Lyn said...

Yea... I get emails like that too, even though they aren't too frequent. I really like paying my bills online and stuff but I always get a little weary about whether someone can get my information.