Friday, March 23, 2007

"Spam, the Law, and E-mail Marketers " from ClickZ

I thought this article about e-mail spam was interesting because we were just talking about phishing and such. Derek said that spam makes up 70-90% of all e-mail sent!! That's crazy!! He went on to show that this happens to everyone and that just one of their small servers receives just over 200,000 spam emails per week, up from 40,000 per week 6 months ago. How are ISP's and e-mail access providers able o keep up with this craze?! I like how they try to filter, but then sometimes the guard is so high that they filter out things that e-mails WANT to see. for example, my whole family has an e-mail list and we send like 60 e-mails to everyone on the list each day. A lot of times, some of my family doesn't get my messages when I "reply all" because their ISP or e-mail access provider thinks that I am a spammer!!!! Geez... what is there to do??

No comments: